The Belgosproject Institute was founded in 1933 in accordance with Decree No. 210 of February 25, 1933 by the Council of People's Commissars of the Byelorussian SSR, by combining the Belgosproektstroy Giprogoroma, and became known as the Belarusian State Design Institute Belgosproekt. By the end of the 1930s, the Belgosproject was finally formed as an integrated design and survey organization with a broad urban profile. In the postwar years, the specialists of the institute took an active part in the restoration of the destroyed cities.
In the second half of the 1950s, Belgosproject reached the level of advanced design organizations of the Soviet Union. The volume and significance of the work performed, the high degree of qualification of specialists, the progressive focus of technical policy - all this made it possible to solve large and serious urban planning and engineering issues.
In the period 1960-1980-ies. the institute carried out a huge layer of work in the field of housing and cultural construction, the institute carried out a significant amount of work on the most important Union construction projects.
In August 1990, at the request of the Belarusian State Design Institute "BELGOSPROEKT" by decision of the Executive Committee of the Frunze District Council of People's Deputies of Minsk on August 28, 1990. No. 16 is registered as a Lease Enterprise "BELPROEKT".
By the decision of the Minsk City Executive Committee No. 1319 of September 24, 2001, the Institute BELPROEKT Institute was registered in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities under No. 100135768, which gives the right to carry out business activities in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus. On May 10, 2006, by decision of the Minsk City Executive Committee No. 900, the BELPROEKT Institute was reorganized into the Republican Unitary Enterprise Institute Belgosproekt.
On May 14, 2018, RUE "Order of the Red Banner of Labor" Institute Belgosproject "was transformed into JSC" Order of the Red Banner of Labor "Institute Belgosproject." And on May 26, 2018, the Institute became a resident of the Sino-Belarusian Great Stone Industrial Park.